As customer requirements continue to evolve, the concept of digital transformation (DX) is changing, ushering in a new chapter where organizations and their CEOs are reprioritizing their agendas. International Data Corporation (IDC) believes that in order for businesses to thrive in this new era, they must develop new capabilities and build digital infrastructures that support resilient operations and pervasive experiences.
“Digital leaders that can make change happen quickly and effectively are in high demand as they make it possible for organizations to transition from surviving to thriving,” says Wilson Xavier, IDC’s research director for telecom and IT services in the Middle East, Turkey, and Africa. “The increasing pervasiveness of DX initiatives is compelling business leaders to develop a clear understanding of how they can effectively leverage emerging technologies to maximize value for their organizations.
“At the same time, the IT organization must transform into an innovation source for internal clients so they are better positioned to serve external customers and partners. Linking IT resources to business outcomes is essential for driving successful partnerships between IT and lines of business. As such, IT and business leaders must closely examine where their businesses are now, and where they want them to be in the future.”
Xavier will expand on these themes as he opens the UAE edition of the IDC DX Forum 2022, which takes place tomorrow at Dubai’s Museum of the Future. In his keynote, “Harnessing the Forces of Change to Reshape the Enterprise,” he will serve up essential guidance on the changes that organizations must make to their strategic frameworks if they are to successfully respond to volatile customer demand, enhance their IT and operational agility, and adapt to evolving work arrangements.
Taking place under the theme “Digital Leaders for the Digital Era,” the IDC DX Forum 2022 will host senior IT and business leaders from across the UAE, offering advice on how they can become a key element in enabling the digital goals of their organizations’ development plans, strategies, and visions. Expert-led panel discussions will tackle the perceived challenges around the future of work and explore the unique characteristics that define the UAE’s most successful digital-first organizations.
A wide range of respected industry thought leaders will be on hand to share their own perspectives on how organizations in the UAE can best position themselves to thrive in the digital era. These include:
- Mohammed Rasol Al Saidat, Director of Information Technology Center, University of Sharjah
- Sheridan Moodley, CIO & CTO, Masafi
- Faisal Ali, Group CIO, Gargash Group of Companies
- Shaily Verma, Head of Digital & Data, DAMAC Properties
- Hammad Sharif, CIO & Head of Data (UAE), Procter & Gamble
- Venkatesh Mahadevan, CIO, Dubai Investments
- Gigi Mathew Thomas, Group Head of IT & Digital Transformation, Ittihad International Investment
- Taha Tkito, CIO, Americana Foods
- Wassim Ghadban, Vice President, Global Innovation & Digital Engineering, Kent
- Vishal Anand, Director of IT, Jumeirah Group
- Dr. Kalthoom Mohammed Al Blooshi, CIO & Director of Training & Development Center, Emirates Health Services
- Aus Alzubaidi, Director of IT & Media Management, MBC Group
- Mohammed Tarik, Head of IT Business Management, IT Services & Quality, Emirates NBD
The event will close with the 2022 edition of the IDC Future Enterprise Awards, which will recognize the UAE’s top 5 organizations in the categories ‘Future of Customer Experience’, ‘Future of Digital Infrastructure’, and ‘Future of Operations’, and the top 10 performing organizations in the category ‘Future of Digital Innovation’.
To learn more about the IDC DX Forum, please click here. Alternatively, you can contact Sheila Manek at [email protected] or on +971 4 446 3154. You can also join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #IDCDXFORUM.